Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Baaacck...

Well, sounds like our feline visitor is back. Earlier this summer Dot chased it out of our driveway, but it sounds like it may be back and has been cruising the 'neighborhood.' I got a phone call yesterday from my neighbor saying her husband had talked with the government trapper and that the trapper had spent six hours looking for a cat that had been reported. However, one of my other neighbors asked the trapper to leave his property, so the little kitty is still roaming around.

I always figured we have cougars around the house from time to time because of where we live. Knowing there is one around makes me even more cautious after dark! The good news is...thanks to my husband's handy man skills, we have a 'cougar-proof' kennel (although the name hasn't been tested yet!) for Alli and Kita. However, Dot still sleeps in a travel kennel on the front porch. And as for the cats...well, let's just say if Gizzy doesn't come home at night, I won't lose much sleep over it. =-) And hopefully the cougar doesn't go after the horses...'cause then the fight will be on!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I think Gizzy could take 'em! =) - Jodie D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture that you greets us!!! Beautiful....

    ReplyDelete