Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus

Today is Columbus Day...the day the federal government celebrates a man who couldn't read a map. Or well, at least that is my interpretation. I am sure he did some other 'great' things too. I have the day off, so I thought I would try to get my blog up and running. I would like to thank my sister for motivating me...also, if this fails, I would also like to thank her. No pressure! =-)

I am also getting ready for fall/winter today. We built a new kennel for the dogs, hoping to keep cougars out and dogs in. We finished putting it all together yesterday (I don't have pictures yet!). So, today I cleaned the dog house out (got all the old straw out) and put in a new dog bed. Hopefully the half-dog won't decide she needs to chew it up. I am really hoping we're passed that stage. Time will tell!

Well, on to choosing a background for the blog...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the header photo! And your pet portraits are awesome - when did you take them?! Except Dot doesn't have the cool fence background. ☺ Where's the larger 4-leggers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took the photos yesterday. Dot has proven to be a challenge...goes the extra mile to make sure I don't get a photo of her. I ran out of time before I could get the other critters on there...stay tuned. =-)

    ReplyDelete